As a serial renter, I’m always thinking about what I would do if I had free reign on the homes I live in. High up on the priority list for our current house would definitely be a black and white bathroom renovation for the master suite.
Of course, I already have a design plan in mind. A monochrome palette would work well with the design in the master bedroom, and adding brass and wood accents would warm the scheme up and keep it feeling cosy.
This is a look that I’ve pinned multiple variations of on my Bathrooms pin board – I love this palette. As the bathroom stands now, the only thing that would stay are the Velux blinds, which are functional and unobtrusive. Everything else is a dated combo of beige fittings and tile with a cheap laminate countertop, so I’d gut the whole thing and start again.
Black and White Bathroom Sources
- Flush mount drum light shade – West Elm
- Velux blinds – Roof Blinds
- Cypress double sconce x 2 – Rejuvenation
- Vintage octagonal rattan mirror – Chairish
- Peshtemal Turkish towels in black and grey – Amazon
- Wrap small bench – CB2
- Tara black wall-mounted faucet and taps x 2 – Dornbracht
- Square ceramic above counter sink x 2 – Home Depot
- Subway tiles – Overstock
- Tara black wall-mounted shower mixer – Dornbracht
- Mid-century dresser (as vanity) – Chairish
- Minimalist brass wall hooks – Sara Mellone
- Tulum cement tile – Cement Tile Shop
- Hand soap and body lotion – Meraki
- Chunky bath rug – Target
- Toilet – Home Depot
- Black toilet roll holder – Amara
The only thing in this mood board that wouldn’t work for our home is that we wouldn’t have space for a double vanity, but a smaller vintage chest with a single sink and mirror would work well too. I love pairing vintage pieces with modern fixtures – it makes a space feel layered and more considered than it would if you stuck to just one or the other.
It’s fun to dream, right?
This post was sponsored by Roof Blinds, suppliers of Velux blinds. I only share products I love, and hope you will too.
Love this design Lizzie!! I would do the same for my own. If I had the money hahaha. Always money!
Haha totally! It’s fun to dream though, right? Thanks Erin 🙂