I recently discovered The HighBoy, which is a curated marketplace for antiques and fine art. There is so much good stuff on the site. I picked out a few pieces to put together an office space, with a curated selection of mid-century pieces mixed with a few more modern elements to keep it fresh.
Mid-Century Office Mood Board
Every item listed is a one-off vintage piece from The HighBoy, unless otherwise noted.
1. Pendant // This Art Deco light plays well with the mid-century study pieces thanks to the beautiful navy detailing on the painted glass.
2. ‘Open Space in Jerusalem’ by Eve Menes // This gorgeous watercolor on paper ties the color scheme together.
3. Crystal Table Lamp // Sold as a pair, but I’d use one as a desk lamp.
4. Floor Lamp // Sculptural and a bit of a show-stopper.
5. Teak Desk // I love the generous width of this desk, and the fact that it’s finished on the back so it could float in the middle of the room.
6. Saarinen Armchair // Yes please. This armchair was my starting point for the whole mid-century office design.
7. Vintage Cowhide Rug // I love the subtle color on this hide, which echoes the teak in the desk.
8. Leather Chairs // I would have these in my house in a second.
9. Bronze Side Table // The round shape and brass finish add a bit of glam and femininity to the room.
10. Rug – Serena & Lily // A simple, textured rug sits back and lets the other pieces shine.
11. Artificial Palm & 12. Basket – Target // Repeating my mantra that every room needs something green and organic. I’d go real and risk my black thumb, but faux works too, if only for looks.
This office’s selection of stunning mid-century finds is a bit of a dream space. But, mixing vintage investment pieces in with newer, more affordable decor is a great way to make a space feel layered.
LOOKING FOR MORE DESIGN INSPO?
Check out the full Mood Board Archives here.
Love that desk! I wish I could use a lot of those pieces for my husbands office 🙂