We’re basically half way through the One Room Challenge, and frustratingly, I still don’t have much to show. Everything on order is taking ages to arrive.
What I did do, though, is clear out the room properly and clean it top to bottom. Yes, there’s still a little pile of stuff, but it’s all stuff that is (probably) staying, and just needs to be installed/styled. Please ignore the duvet cover – I’ve just pinched it from the guest bed while ours is in the wash.
It’s looking like I might just be able to pull off the live (waney) edge desk, which will straddle those built-in cabinets below the window. I found somewhere to buy the wood, although I still have to get it home and into the house somehow. It’ll probably involve hoisting it up the side of the house and through the window. J thinks I’m insane for even considering it, but I’m hoping the end result will persuade him that it was worth it!
Until that’s installed, I can’t really hang the mirror because I’m not exactly sure where it’ll sit. In the meantime, I’ve marked out where I think it’ll go with painter’s tape, along with the art that’ll balance it on the other side of the bed.
You can also see the awkward mirror that’s stuck to the wall and I’m not allowed to move (because we’re renting), but I marked out where my new painting will sit with tape. I snapped these photos before it arrived, but I did post a couple on Instagram with the painting in place. I’m still faffing around with the styling but I’m already loving how it’s coming together.
The one major bit of progress that has occurred in here is that the rug is down! I bought it in Morocco over summer, and it’s been sitting rolled up until now. It was quite a feat getting it under the bed – it took three of us and a couple of hours, because I had to basically dismantle most of the bed before we could lift it. It’s looking mighty fine and the room is almost beginning not to smell like the souk.