Summer Eclectic Home Tour

I’ve got a bumper post for you lovely lot today. As part of the Summer Eclectic Home Tour hosted by gorgeous Jess of Domicile 37, I’m sharing a few updates I’ve made in my dining area and my master bedroom, and a sneak peek at my never-before-seen-on-the-blog kitchen.

Summer 2017 Eclectic Home Tour | Eclectic Interiors | Eclectic Homes | Boho decor | Vintage Eclectic decor | Bold Geometric decor | Maximalist style| Vibrant decor

Links to all the lovely spaces you can see above are at the bottom of this post. If you’ve hopped over here from The Rath Project, hi and welcome. I’m Lizzie. I live in a rented three-bed terrace in South West London, and my interiors style is an eclectic combo of global, midcentury and industrial design, although I reserve the right to add in other pretty things here and there too.

Let’s start at the bottom and move upstairs in a bit, shall we?

The Dining Area

Modern Midcentury Global Dining Area - #summer17electichometour-1

First up: the dining room. Well, area. It’s one end of the living room, which is also my hubby’s office. Because there’s so much going on in here, I’m trying to keep it simple. The last time I blogged about this space, I had accumulated almost fifty-six dining chairs and I couldn’t decide which ones to keep. Well, I eventually settled on two replica wishbone chairs and an understated bench.

Modern Midcentury Global Dining Area - #summer17electichometour-3

This space isn’t finished – I just sold the mirror that used to sit at the head of the table, and I haven’t found a replacement yet.

Modern Midcentury Global Dining Area - #summer17electichometour-2

As far as seasonal decorating goes, I’m a bit rubbish. I don’t like storing extra stuff, so Christmas is the only holiday where I’ll bust out extra decor. Instead, I basically just used this lovely blog hop as an exellent excuse to fill the house with fresh flowers.

Modern Midcentury Global Dining Area - #summer17electichometour-4

Modern Midcentury Global Dining Area - #summer17electichometour-6

I’m not showing off much of the living room because I’m mid-refresh in there, but I’ll share a pic of that sexy roll arm any day of the week.

Modern Midcentury Global Dining Area - #summer17electichometour-5

And my new(ish) lamp, which is dope AF! It’s made from an old fire hose nozzle. (I moved the peonies over here for this photo. I’m fine with admitting that I’ll happily carry them around wherever I go, I have no shame.)

Copper lampbase made from vintage fire hose

The Kitchen

Moving on to the kitchen. I actually wanted to share the whole kitchen, but I ran out of time. I took a bunch of photos, but as this post goes live, I’ll be away in Amsterdam and I didn’t get to editing all the images before we left. So here is just a little sneak peek. More fresh flowers!

Neutral Rental Kitchen - Summer 17 Eclectic Home Tour

Neutral Rental Kitchen - Summer 17 Eclectic Home Tour

Neutral Rental Kitchen - Summer 17 Eclectic Home Tour

If you stick around the blog, I’ll chat more in the next couple of weeks about how I style our rented kitchen to highlight the good bits (the cabinets and counter tops) and minimise the parts that aren’t my style (the backsplash).

The Kids’ Bedrooms

The kids’ bedrooms are both on the middle floor. I’ve got a post coming up about my son’s room really soon, and I just shared my daughter’s room, so I’m not going to bombard you with photos of these rooms. If you do want to read more about them, click the images below.

Boys bedroom after with roman blinds in grey linen ticking stripe from Blinds 2Go

Global boho kids room makeover - desk + ottoman storage bed

The Master Bedroom

Our master bedroom is on the top floor of the house. I gave it a makeover back in November, and added a workspace for myself. I struggle with styling such a long desk, but I think simple is better, so that’s what’s happening up there now.

Neutral Midcentury Master Bedroom with Office Area

I swapped the wishbone chair that I originally had in here for a much more ergonomic Hermann Miller – a total score off eBay. I also brought up my big ass monitor. It’s not pretty but it’s kinda essential.

This gorgeous African lady was a recent charity shop find. She sits next to my inbox and my make-up tray. Also, that rose is from my garden!

Desk styling with vanity tray and African wooden head

Vanity styling with make up on brass tray

Summer Eclectic Home Tour - midcentury bedside table

I went more minimal with the styling up at the other end of the desk too. And added more flowers, of course.

Cane Boho Chair: Summer 17 Eclectic Home Tour

Wicker chair in neutral bedroom: Summer 17 Eclectic Home Tour

Fresh flowers on dresser: Summer 17 Eclectic Home Tour

Dresser styling with abstract art - Summer 17 Eclectic Home Tour

I have to say, I could happily surround myself with beautiful blooms all the time – it’s lovely!

Live edge desk & workspace: Summer 17 Eclectic Home Tour

Live edge desk with concrete lamp: Summer 17 Eclectic Home Tour

Neutral master bedroom: Summer 17 Eclectic Home Tour

My home is the last stop on the Summer Eclectic Home Tour for today, but there lots more lovely homes to check out. The links are all below, although please note that they won’t all be live until the day of the tour. Enjoy!

Monday

Domicile 37 | Whimsical Blue Living | The Striped House | Bright Green Door

Tuesday

Cassie Bustamante | Jest Cafe | The Rath Project | Emmerson & Fifteenth

Wednesday

Natasha Outside and In | Up To Date Interiors | Designing Vibes | PMQ for Two

Thursday

Jessica Brigham | This is Our Bliss | CAD Interiors | French & French Interiors | Maker of Home

1. June 6, 2017 / 1:21 pm

lizzie, i have really enjoyed watching your home take shape the last year or so- your style blows me away! and that lamp IS dope. seriously fab.

• June 9, 2017 / 10:53 am

Thank you so much Cassie! Your home is so gorgeous – it really means a lot.

2. June 6, 2017 / 2:34 pm

There are so many things that I am captivated by in your home: the brush stroke lampshade, your blue couch, the lush green views from the windows, your perfectly styled bedroom! Wow! Everything so beautiful and I’m happy that the home tour has lead me to your blog-I’m looking forward to checking in often for inspiration.

• June 9, 2017 / 10:54 am

I’m so happy it led me to you too! Thanks so much Diane 🙂

3. June 6, 2017 / 4:24 pm

Your home and photos are perfect in every way. This is really a cute place! love your style!

• June 9, 2017 / 10:55 am

Thanks lovely lady – you know I love yours too!

4. June 6, 2017 / 6:10 pm

O.M.FREAK! I love it all. Your are like the best hidden secret…where have you been? I love your clean approach to styling, it is truly inspiring!!!! I love all the little touches…I see some boho, moroccan, practical eclectic, MCM, vintage…I see it all and it is SOOOOO good!

• June 9, 2017 / 10:56 am

Haha thanks Jessica! Yes, I basically like ALL the things. 😉

5. June 6, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Wow! You’ve got mad decorating and photography skills! Every photo, arrangement and interior composition is gorgeous! Your home is bright and cheery, love it!

• June 9, 2017 / 10:57 am

That means so much coming from someone with such a gorgeous home! Thanks Karrie!

6. June 6, 2017 / 10:52 pm

Your home and style appeal to me on so many different levels….your use of art, your color palette, texture- basically i am obsessed. So glad I found your blog!

Much Love,
    Erica

• June 9, 2017 / 11:04 am

Thanks Erica, right back at you! So glad to “meet” you and discover your amazing style and blog too 🙂

• June 9, 2017 / 11:07 am

Also, I’ve tried a couple of times to comment on your gorgeous home tour but I kept getting error messages saying I had an invalid security token, whatever that means (tech is not my strong point). Anyway, your home is thoroughly gorgeous – I love all the layers of texture and the indigo on repeat – it’s dreamy. And yeah, totally jealous of your back yard!!

7. June 6, 2017 / 11:58 pm

I love those lights above your table! Gorgeous! And the rolled arm of your couch is the best! Your home is so nice and bright, I loved your tour!

• June 9, 2017 / 4:05 pm

Thanks so much Sandy, I loved yours too!

8. June 7, 2017 / 1:56 am

One word: OBSESSED. I’m truly inspired by your vibrant, lively and serene home. Totally smitten with every vignette, minimal or more. I adore all of your bedrooms and I’m just dyyyin’ to see this living room refresh – that blue velvet couch gives me the all the feels. 😍😍😍

• June 9, 2017 / 4:07 pm

Thank you so much lovely – I freaking adore your home too!

9. June 7, 2017 / 3:47 am

Okay, girl! Where is that DOPE AF lamp from! Seriously, I’m dying to know!!! AND… I can’t believe you rent. This is by far the best interpreted rental I have ever seen! so, so fab, girl! Wow!

• June 9, 2017 / 4:09 pm

Thank you SO much – that really means a lot! Found the lamp base in an antiques store – crazy place, literally packed with stuff – I had to climb over stuff and got covered in cobwebs trying to fish it out! The lampshade was from a local store that has closed down now – boo.

• June 9, 2017 / 4:10 pm

Thanks so much Carol – I loved yours too!

10. June 7, 2017 / 3:57 pm

Beautiful home. The rooms I saw on instagram bellied the house they belong too! Love every bit of it.

11. Emily
    June 8, 2017 / 1:02 am

My friend your home is perfect. I seriously love all the details. PERFECTION! I am dying over your firehose lamp….WHAT?! and the vignettes throughout your home are drool worthy. #nailedit

• June 9, 2017 / 4:11 pm

Thanks so much friend! It means a lot xo

12. natasha
    June 8, 2017 / 2:50 am

Loved your tour! What beautiful, light and bright space!!

• June 9, 2017 / 4:12 pm

Thanks Natasha, I really appreciate it! 🙂

13. June 10, 2017 / 12:46 am

Your bedroom is just the best. I love it so much and always enjoy seeing the little tweaks.

14. June 11, 2017 / 9:17 pm

I totally use summer tours as an excuse to put flowers everywhere too haha! Your home is so stunning — it’s fresh and cool with all sorts of good styling!! Your photography is beautiful and I adore that African lady wall piece. And that LAMP ahhh! so good. Love it all, Lizzie!

• June 12, 2017 / 7:26 am

I was so chuffed about finding that African lady 🙂 Thanks so much Rachael!

15. June 12, 2017 / 10:40 pm

Wow! If you haven’t said, I would have never guessed that it’s a rented house. It’s filled with style and personality! And I love how honest you were with the flowers. I carry stuff around just for photos but always hope people just won’t notice 🙂

• June 13, 2017 / 12:04 pm

Haha I’m glad the honesty was appreciated! Thanks lovely lady x

16. June 14, 2017 / 7:42 am

So bright and beautiful. I love the fresh blooms and minimal eclectic decor. It’s really gorgeous and your photography is on point!

• June 14, 2017 / 12:07 pm

Thank you so much Kathy! I loved your home tour!