I’m digging dark, intimate spaces lately, and today’s design board is just that. This girl cave design incorporates a cocktail bar, and maintains a moody, cosy vibe with a limited colour palette of deep grey, navy blue, brass and natural materials like wood and leather.
The bar stools, from Chairish, were the jumping off point for this whole design. The rich leather warms up all the grey and blue, then gold accents turn this otherwise masculine space into a cozy girl cave. Also, those bubble pendants. Yes please.
Girl Cave Mood Board
Let’s break it down and tot up how much this girl cave design would cost, shall we?
1. Vintage Bubble Pendant Lights – Chairish – $2800
Pricey, yes, but did I mention yes please?
2. Cloud Play by JR Goodwin – c. $1200
The second time this mesmerizing artwork has made an appearance on the blog, but deservedly so.
3. Etched Branches Glassware – World Market – $28/four
Let’s assume you need at least two sets.
4. Etch Gold Coasters – CB2 – $30/four
CB2 has a host of lovely gold barware at the moment.
5. Americana Bar – $530 – Target
Such an easy way of getting a built-in look without the hassle of the whole building-in part.
6. Leather & Rebar Bar Stools – Chairish – $485/pair
That leather is scrummy, and they’re on major sale.
7. Tesso Bronze Wall-Mounted Bookcase – CB2 – $399
For storing all the pretty bar ware and booze.
8. Farrow & Ball Paint in Down Pipe
Incidentally, we’re probably painting our front door this color and I’m way over excited.
9. Top Shelf Gold Bar Tool Set – $50 – CB2
It’s all about the details, people.
10. Vintage Castle Medallion Rug – $108/6′ x 9′ – Rugs USA
No, that price is not a typo. Also, bonus points for probably being good at hiding drunken spillages.
If you wanted to pinch the budget, you could bring the total down considerably by swapping the pendants and the art. As it stands, we’re talking just under $5700 for this girl cave design, perfect for a girls’ night in.
LOOKING FOR MORE DESIGN INSPO?
Check out the full Mood Board Archives here.