1. Cozy Bedding – I’m always a fan of textured white bedding, especially if it doesn’t need ironing. You can shop your home for cushions to add a bit of colour.
Pintuck Bedding – West Elm // Rose Cushion – Amara // Gold Cushion – West Elm
2. A Comfy Bed – Well, obviously. Like I said, we don’t have a dedicated guest bed, but we do have a very good air mattress. It’s the same height as a regular bed, self-inflates in a couple of minutes, and is much comfier than you’d expect. It can get a bit chilly, so a feathery mattress topper adds warmth and an added layer of softness. The Sleep Judge has reviews of some of the best air mattresses and toppers if you need help choosing.
Mattress Topper & Air Mattress – Amazon
3. A Carafe & Glass for Water
Carafe & Glass – H&M
4. A Bit of Greenery – You can’t go wrong with hard-to-kill succulents.
Brass Planter – Leif
5. Wifi – Leave a notice out with the wifi password, and better still, make it pretty.
Wifi Password Print – Etsy
6. Lighting – If you’re setting up a guest space in a room that isn’t normally a bedroom, make sure it’s still cozy with a bedside lamp or two. This one’s petite and pretty and can be angled for reading. Lamp – West Elm
7. A Catch-All Bowl – For guests to leave their keys, jewelry and shiz without losing track of it. Bowl – H&M
8. Bedside Tables – If space is limited, folding tray tables can be tucked away when you’re not using them, and can play double duty as extra surfaces when you’re entertaining.
Rattan Trays & Stands – West Elm
9. Towels – Turkish towels are thinner so they take up less space when they’re not in use.
Turkish Towels – Amazon
10. A Blanket – The cozier the better.
Blanket – West Elm
11. Somewhere to Sit – An added luxury if you’re living out of a suitcase.
Chair – Ecco Trading
12. Reading Material – We stayed with one of my besties when we went back to visit Chicago in summer, and she had put out baskets of magazines for me and kids’ books for my short-statured offspring. It was a lovely idea, and one I fully appreciated when we were up at 4 am with jet lag and trying to keep quiet!
Basket – H&M // Styled by Emily Henderson // Humans of New York by Brian Stanton
I recieved compensation for this post on behalf of The Sleep Judge, but all opinions are my own, as always.