Today’s bedroom design combines art deco lines with industrial features, and it all started with the bed. It’s definitely a bit more glam than I tend to go for, but the Art Deco lines on the headboard are killer, and the Scandi-style feet with their little brass ends are just so pretty.
Rather than go all-out luxe, I paired the glamourous bed with a few industrial touches, because that’s my jam. And set it all in a loft room, because who says you can’t go all out, just because you live in a little terrace (like I do)?
Industrial Art Deco Bedroom Mood Board
- VELUX Blinds – VELUX
- Revolve Rise & Fall Pendant Lights – Bert Frank
- Upholstered Bed – Sweetpea & Willow
- Pattern Play Lumbar Cushion – West Elm
- Art Deco Cushion – Sweetpea & Willow
- Nightstands – Swoon Editions
- Faux Monstera Plant – Sweetpea & Willow
- Vintage Copper Pot/Planter – 1st Dibs
- Diamond Steps Wool Dhurrie Rug – West Elm
- Embroidered Cushion – West Elm
- Spoke Tub Chair – Sweetpea & Willow
For loft windows, Velux blinds are so functional. They’re minimal and unobtrusive, but great at blocking light.
This industrial art deco bedroom design includes quite a few pieces from Sweetpea & Willow, including the show-stopping bed. I went to a blogger event last week at their Isleworth showroom, and I was bowled over with all the prettiness.
The chair is also Sweetpea & Willow. It makes a statement, but it’s also surprisingly comfy.
I’m very much into the brass detail on the bottom of the nightstands (from Swoon Editions) and how they play off the feet of the bed.
I tend to play by the rule that if you’re combining multiple design styles, as long as each one is repeated – ideally at least three times – you’ll maintain consistency and keep your space looking intentional. The patterns on the rug and cushions all feel a little bit Art Deco, while the lights, brick wall and copper planter all lean industrial.