I’m recycling a few of my man-gift ideas from last year (because they’re that good), and adding a few new ones. Men are hard to buy for in my experience, but maybe you’ll get an idea or two here. Or maybe they’ll just be helpful and buy themselves something and ask you for the money, which is what usually happens in our house.
2. Cashmere scarf – $110 / £110 (J Crew) – because maybe he’ll let you borrow it too.
3. 52 New Things by Nick J Thorpe – a year spent trying one new thing every week, from breaking a world record to recording a Christmas single. An inspiring and entertaining read for everyone (not just men).
4. Leather wash bag – $110 / £110 (J Crew) – so your man can feel more distinguished when he travels.
5. Cashmere sweater – £80 (Uniqlo) simple, classic and a great price, as far as cashmere goes.
6. Storm proof umbrella – (Senz via Amazon) – these technical umbrellas won’t turn inside out in winds less than 80 km/hr.
9. Steam gift card – a given for anyone who plays video games, which is 95% of the men I know.
10. Lightning bolt ankle reflectors – $16 – will make him go faster. Probably.
11. Seiko chronograph SNDA65 watch – $120 (Amazon) – great looking, very accurate, pretty much bomb-proof and not a bad price at all.