Glider Progress

Just a quick update on how I’m doing with my “impossible” project.

You know I started with this:

Well, now the back cushion looks like this (except I’ve finished the bottom):

It turned out pretty good, I think. Buuuut then I tried to recover the arms and failed miserably, so I haven’t made any more progress on it in over a week. I’m hoping to get the bottom cushion done today, then have another go at the arms soon. And I better get on it, since the deadline for the Imagine the Possibilities challenge is a mere week away, not to mention baby girl is due to make her arrival in less than three weeks!

1. January 24, 2012 / 6:47 pm

Lookin' good!! The arm pieces are so difficult with the snaps and everything I don't know how you'd redo them! That's why I'm so excited to see what you do! 🙂

2. January 24, 2012 / 7:27 pm

Yeah…neither do I! Think I need to find a good tutorial for that bit! Will certainly post about how it goes. 🙂

3. January 24, 2012 / 8:37 pm

Lizzie, I like the fabric pattern you picked out, it's lovely. I'm sure once you finish the bottom cushion you'll have it all worked out! I'm a new follower and I'm committed to a challenge as well. Good Luck!

4. January 25, 2012 / 6:17 pm

I LOVE the fabric you chose! You can do it, I know you can. Sometimes all we need is a little break from a challenging project. 🙂

5. January 25, 2012 / 9:28 pm

This looks really good! Can't wait to see the finished project. You'll definitely be helping out those who are thinking "how does she do that?"

6. January 26, 2012 / 4:27 pm

Love the fabric choice! It was so nice to meet you last evening. Hopefully our next group outing will be without those noisy partiers behind us!

Linda

7. January 27, 2012 / 12:45 am

It was lovely meeting you too! Next time we'll have to do it in a coffee shop or somewhere a bit quieter, but still a great evening. 🙂

8. January 27, 2012 / 11:10 pm

One more for "Love the pattern!" Wish I could help with the arms, but since I don't sew, I would end up using a glue gun. LOL.

It was wonderful meeting you.
    Wishing you and you family all the best as you welcome your new baby girl into the world 🙂
    ~ Dana

9. January 28, 2012 / 3:12 am

Yeah, glue gun is getting increasingly appealing! lol. It was really nice meeting you too. 🙂