Kid-Friendly Christmas Decorating

I know it’s not even November yet, but I have been perusing all the lovely Christmas catalogues (not to mention Pinterest) and it’s got me feeling pre-emptively festive.
Having kiddiewinks in the house can put limitations on your decor choices (glass ornaments and little hands are not a good combo) but there are plenty of gorgeous things out there that won’t pose a hazard to little ones. I’ve rounded up a few pretty offerings…
{Set of 6 Burlap Bird Ornaments – Ballard Designs, $25.00}

{Set of 3 Button Owl Ornaments – Crate & Barrel, $23.95}
{Burlap Ribbon – Pottery Barn, $18.50}
{Set of 6 Rustic Bell Ornaments – Crate & Barrel, $12.95}
{Set of 6 Bell Ornaments – Crate & Barrel, $17.70}
{Set of 24 Wooden Snowflake Ornaments – Crate & Barrel, $9.95}
{Set of 4 Mother of Pearl Peace Dove Ornaments – Wisteria, $39.00}

You could always make your own, like these using pretty fabric over a foam ball:

{Good Housekeeping}

You could also take DIY inspiration from these Etsy beauties, or save yourself the time and just buy from them:

{Set of 6 Rainbow Wool Acorn Ornaments – astashtoys on etsy, $12.00}
{Set of 6 Crochet Snowflakes – also available in other colors – Caitlin Sainio on Etsy, $15.00}
{Sheet Music Ball Ornament – made with foam balls – MusicallyMade on Etsy, $9.00}
{Set of 3 Burlap Stockings – KatysHomeDesign on Etsy}
{Set of 10 Felt Poms – also available in other colors – littlenestbox on Etsy}
{Vintage Sheet Music Ornament – EclecticPaperDesigns on Etsy, $20.00}
Over the past few years, I have been collecting my own baby-friendly Christmas ornaments – usually in the after-Christmas sales. I’ll try to wait till after Thanksgiving before busting those out, though.

1. October 28, 2011 / 11:38 am

I can't wait until thanksgiving. Try as I might. Love this bit of inspiration!

2. October 28, 2011 / 11:47 am

I posted about that same foam ball decoration last week! Isn't it gorgeous! I am so excited about Christmas!

I have posted about a few of my favourite Halloween pins on my blog so if you have 5 Minutes to spare please pop by! I would be honoured if you could also link up your post to my weekly Pinning and Singing Pinterest Linky Party too!

Best wishes and happy pinning!
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

3. October 28, 2011 / 7:09 pm

Thanks ladies!
    And Natasha – I just linked up to Pinning & Singing – thanks for hosting.

4. October 29, 2011 / 5:25 am

You have some wonderful ideas for kid friendly decor! Thanks for stopping by my blog & your sweet comments! I am still waiting for my hydrangeas to finish, then I will share my verdict & a tutorial if deemed worthy!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

5. October 29, 2011 / 2:02 pm

Loved all the kid friendly decorations you found. I'm trying to deal with one holiday at a time! Love this time of year. Happy Pinning!

6. November 2, 2011 / 10:15 pm

Pretty decorations and great inspiration for the Christmas season! Thanks for sharing! Visiting from Savvy Southern Style…

7. November 3, 2011 / 7:11 am

Just wanted to pop by and say thanks for linking up! I hope you will be able to join in again this weekend!

Best wishes,
    Natasha.

8. November 9, 2011 / 2:50 pm

What a great collection. I'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on DIY Home Sweet Home. Would love you to check it out.
    P.S. I'm your newest follower. Love your blog.

9. November 9, 2011 / 11:21 pm

I want to put up a Christmas tree but I am so worried about my 17th month old daughter pulling on it or breaking ornaments. I just don't know what to do?? Everyone in my family says I have to have a chrisrtmas tree!!