Cute, Colourful Kids Rooms

For S’s big boy room, I’m embracing bright colours and kid-friendly design with a focus on lots of his favorite things. I’ve shared the design board for this room before (here and here), but here it is again:

There wasn’t one particular room that inspired this design, but I did love the colors in this one:
From a Crown Paint catalog

Here are some other inspiring kids’ spaces that embrace colour and aren’t afraid to echo their occupants’ young, fun personalities.

{Via}
{Via}
{Via
{Isabella & Max Rooms via Made By Girl}
{Via}
I have to give this one a special mention because it’s in a Chicago loft very similar to ours! I love the grey walls balanced with all the colour. See more details at kitschicagoan.
My plan this weekend is to at least get started on painting my little man’s room. After all the painting I did in our master bedroom, I’m finding it a bit difficult to get motivated to begin another whole room, but seeing pretty pictures like these always helps!

1. June 4, 2011 / 1:11 am

Hi Lizzie! I'm so glad you stopped by from Better After! I love all the kids rooms you featured here. It gives me some motivation to work on my son's room. I read through some of your posts, your striped wall in your bedroom is great. I don't know if I have the patience for that though. Hehe. If you try chalk paint I guarantee you'll like it! I think it's great. And my new favorite color is called Paris Grey. 🙂

2. June 5, 2011 / 3:37 am

Stephanie from kitschicagoan here! Thanks for featuring our nursery and I just love the other inspiration rooms you compiled. I can see we have very similar aesthetics…and apparently homes 🙂

3. September 26, 2011 / 9:53 pm

That is some fantabulous inspiration there!!! I am such a huge fan of color and these have color *galore*!!! I can't wait to see your design come to life! Thanks for linking up today!

4. September 27, 2011 / 2:37 am

Hi Lizzie, Great ideas! I know, the hard work is yet to come! We've been in our house for over a year and haven't started on my boys' room. Lots to do in this house! Anyway, I'd love for you to link up to a new party I started called Tuesday's Nursery. It's for all ages of kids decor and it would be great to see your progress from start to finish! I hope you can make it!

5. September 13, 2015 / 11:48 am

I'm curious to know where you got that amazing blue headboard thats in front of the coral curtains..I wasn't that headboard!!

6. September 13, 2015 / 11:51 am

Hi Erin,
    It's not mine – it was a DIY (I think) from the blog Isabella & Max Rooms, which I think became House of Fifty, but I can't find it anywhere now – I think she stopped blogging. Sorry I can't be more helpful!