We bought our bedroom furniture about four years ago, with money that my grandparents had saved for me as a child. It was expensive, but it will last years and years (I hope).
The fabric painting over the dresser was a gift that my best friend brought back from a trip to Rwanda, and I bought the two photos from an artist who was selling them on the harbor in Dana Point, CA (near where my in-laws live). The bottom one is somewhere in Laguna Beach (which is where J proposed) and the top one is on Catalina Island (where we honeymooned and took our first family holiday after S arrived).
Hanging over the bed is a painting of Kingsand, Cornwall, a little fishing village where I spent summers with my family growing up. I love this picture – it was hanging in the living room but it looked a bit lost against the greige walls – it’s much happier here.
The painting took a long time, but it was worth every minute. The main wall color is Rainwashed by Sherwin Williams. It changes with the light and looks green or blue depending on the time of day. The stripes took me a while but they’re subtle and fun and they make the room, I think. I’ll post more about that little project soon.
I haven’t shown you what it looked like before, have I? Well, this was it when we moved in:
- Paint – Sherwin Williams Rainwashed; stripes are a mix of Rainwashed and Window Pane
- Furniture – Pottery Barn Farmhouse collection
- Lamps – Pier 1 Imports
- Duvet cover and shams – Z Gallerie
- Quilt – Target
- Blue pillows – Pottery Barn
- Pink bird pillow – Pier 1 Imports
- Pink and orange pillow – gift
- Baskets (under side tables) – Pottery Barn
- Plate on wall and bowl on dresser – brought back from a trip to Spain
- Book box (under orchid) – Z Gallerie
- Vases on dresser – Goodwill/1730 Outlet/gift
- Crysanthemum vase (on side table) – Anthropologie
- Coaster and bowl (on side tables) – Anthropologie
- Stone picture frame – Habitat
- Mirror – Pottery Barn via Craigslist